Books by Len du Randt

Thursday 15 March 2012

There are few things in life as exciting and nerve-wrecking at the same time as seeing that you have a review on your book. You're excited that someone felt passionate enough about the novel to go through the trouble of leaving a review, yet, in the back of your mind, you're dreading that inevitable 1-star, "this sucks!" post.

With a novel like The Son of Perdition it's not a matter of if—but when, that review will come. Until then though, take a look at this fantastic opinion that a reader left:

This is quite a read from beginning to end, packed with action and very well written, if a bit on the long side.
Nevertheless, as a Christian I loved it. I found it surprisingly challenging, it forced me to question the strength of my faith. It's not a book I will easily forget, a complement to the author's skill as a writer.
The characters are believable and I really cared what happened to them.
The book is incredibly descriptive and in places almost shocking. So much so, I pray I don't get left behind when the rapture happens!
My only criticism is the books length, but it's a great story and a book I am more than happy to recommend. 

You can't help but float around on cloud 9 after reading words like these. Yes, The Son of Perdition is a long, LONG book, but I'm proud of the fact that I managed to fit the entire story into one single novel instead of a series or something.

It's in reading reviews like these that I begin to realize that the two years spent writing it was not a total waste of time. Although I might not post every single review on here, I do appreciate each and every time someone shares their thoughts on the novel.

You guys and gals are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment